Friday, September 28, 2012

A New Chapter Blog Hop...SEM

We are so excited about a new chapter at Scrapping Everyday Miracles! We have recently added a few new design team members and we thought a blog hop would be the perfect way to introduce them. SEM has fabulous prizes and would love to see you all participate!
Each DT member had to create a layout or a mixed media project that represents a new chapter in your life. Scrap Twist: Use book pages or book text on your project...be creative!

I decided to create a canvas with a very special Bible verse to me. Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Renew being the keyword for me. Definition of Renew: to make like new : restore to freshness, vigor, or perfection
I want the Lord to make me like new, I want to be the clay and have Him mold me, restore me. Sometimes I forget and I hold on tight to those negative things that binds my heart. Anger, Fear, and even resentment begin to hover over my heart, but I want to be like David who knew he had faults and still asked our God to renew a right spirit within him. I want to be cleansed, and have my anger, my fears, and resentments washed away.
Romans 12:2          
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
So Lord I am asking that you clear my mind of the negative things and remove those that bind my heart.
Here is my project:
Thanks for stopping by!
next on the hop is
                                  Scrapping Everyday Miracles

16 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

What a beautiful card! Love the negative image of the doily and LOVE that verse!

Unknown said...

great canvas and choice of scriptures to write about.

Peneeeee said...

I love the colors and the "book" accents fit right in. TFS!

Marjolaine said...

Beautiful canvas, beautiful words. Thanks you so much for your honesty about what you struggle with, I really appreciate it!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful verse and canvas. So creative!

Unknown said...

I love it Dolores!!! Love love love it! Great job :)

Toni Herron said...

Beautiful canvas Dolores! Truly beautiful!
The colours and little cluster work perfectly together! and what a special Psalm to include with this theme.. One that I may need to remember too from time to time..
Thanks for sharing, Toni.. :)

Tracey Gregory said...

your testimony moved me to tears! you have a definate eye for color and beauty.

Connie said...

I love the color and grace of your project.

2Pennies (Jennifer) said...

I liked the colors in the background of your canvas. Very nicely done!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a lovely canvas to showcase this precious Scripture!! Love the music covered heart and beautiful background!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Jessica Navarro said...

Such a beautiful sentiment and gorgeous canvas! Lovely job!

Lisa H said...

beautiful! I really like how you used the doiley as a mask. It's such a wonderful verse too.

Felicity Ives said...

Thanks for the reminder Delores, too often I hold onto my anger or negative feelings, and this is a lovely verse that I will keep close to my heart. Your canvas is gorgeous xx

Susan S said...

Beautiful!!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

ooo a Fan of purple!! LuV it ;) all of it! doily, embellishments, placement..
thx for sharing your creativity!..