Friday, November 25, 2011

Being Thankful...


I am thankful to have these hands. Yes you have read correctly, let me share why. You see God has blessed these hands. These hands went from holding my mothers hand to being a mother and nurturing my own children. These hands were held by a grandfather who adored his granddaughter and taught her love. These hands were burned by a father who taught her fear, but these hands learned that abuse was not passed on. With these hands I took and oath to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part. These hands learned to caress, to show love, to create, to cook, but more importantly these hands have learned to lift up high and praise the Lord in the Good times and in the bad times. Many times as a child these hands covered my face in fear, these hands held my tears then, and hold them now. These hands wipe away the tears, but OMG when God is in the midst those tears are somehow turned into joy. Because even at my lowest these hands have been able to seek God. So I am thankful for what God has allowed my hands to do. thanks for stopping by....

My Paper Treehouse is having a Being Thankful Faith Blog hop, you can follow along and be blessed by all the testimonies the ladies have shared.


1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is so touching and beautiful :):):):):)