Sunday, October 17, 2010

A new attitude

Yes that is what I have now, not that I was a snob or anything. LOL It's just the way I have to see life right now with a new attitude, that no matter how wrong things may go in the day I have to remain just a wee bit positive. You see a few weeks ago before I left for my scrapbooking retreat with my girlfriends, I was in a deep depression the bad thing was all the thoughts that were taking over my mind. To be honest it was UGLY, I cried cause emotionally and mentally I was at my lowest. Has my situation changed actually NO, I still have to deal with the sucky part of everyday life, but I had to do something for me. Some of my friends suggested a Doctor, I didn't want to go there because I was afraid I'd get addicted to pills and my only addiction right now is purchasing scrapbook goodies.  What could I do I thought? What besides scrapping is a stress releaser,  well I did some research and found that exercise is a great way to release stress. I have been wanting to take some Zumba classes because a scrapbooking friend I know named Becky Schweninger Teichmiller has been expressing her love for Zumba. So I thought hey I can dance I can do this, I looked into a Gym that offered Zumba classes and I would still be able to use their equipment at a great price. Well I have taken it a step further, I now have a personal trainer why not? I need to lose weight as well as the stress. I have been feeling Great about me, has my environment  changed NO  but I have a new attitude now so I look at things differently.

Here's a pic of my DH and me you can see how my weight loss will progress from here.

3 comments:

Ali said...

AWESOME! Love it! I have recently started running as a stress relief and anti-depressent. I haven't seen a huge difference in my weight but I can tell I have lost inches! Congrats - and keep it up! HUGS - a

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Good for you girl!! LOVEEEEEEEE the photo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you are trying to be positive. I'm in the same boat as you re: depression. I have begun exercising instead of medicaiton too - I've started aqua aerobics and am looking into zumba too. It looks like fun. Good luck with it all - you aren't alone : )