Thursday, June 12, 2008

I believe in the power of prayer


so with that said let me tell you ladies I need your prayers my son Chris has been in the hospital since Monday, He developed a rash, fever and he's also diabetic with Downs Syndrome. Needless to say the doctors are baffled with whats going on with the fevers. Antibiotics are not working they were changed this morning at midnight. I am home this morning just for a bit, I've been sleeping at the hospital and up to this point I had sitters watching my 3 yr old while dd's went to school, unfortunately no sitter today and I had to leave my son alone. It was heartwrenching, he's 22yrs old but his mind is that of a five yr old. He's scared and keeps on telling me he doesn't want to die. I have to assure him that he's going to be okay and that the hospital is taking good care of him. We really have the best care, nurses and doctors are great. It's just frustrating cause they don't know where this infection rash is coming from and the infectious disease doctors had to come in on his case. so please keep us in your prayers, and pray that he doesn't develop a fever today. His blood sugar levels have been above 400 and some have been so high that the monitor can't read them, this is a problem because he could go into a coma. Which is really my biggest fear as well as the doctors. So again I encourage you all to keep my son in prayers, and pray that God gives me the strength that I need to help him through this. I've uploaded a photo taken of him two weeks ago having a good time at the pool, I want him home.

14 comments:

Amanda L. said...

I've been praying for you and Chris!! Stay strong!!

Unknown said...

I'm praying for you all!!!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

All your tallygals are here for ya sweetie. Will be keeping Chris in my prayers!

JoEllyn said...

I'm praying for you and Chris!!!

Brandy said...

I'll be keeping yall in my thoughts, just hang in there!!

Unknown said...

Dolores my thoughts and prayers are with you all....

Deanna said...

Oh Dolores! Bless your heart! I'm praying for both you AND your son, as well as the rest of your family. Please keep us updated.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, so sorry Dolores you must be worried sick. Big Hugs to you and your son too!

just lisa said...

Dolores - will keep on praying for you all!! Please take Care!!
lisa

Diana said...

Dolores - your family is in my thoughts and prayers! It will all work out. Call me anytime if you need anything at all even just to vent.

Jaime said...

Oh Dolores! My heart goes out to you. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

Kim Sonksen said...

I keep you both in my thoughts sweetie

MichelleStrachan said...

Dolores, you are in my thoughts today! I haven't visited your blog in awhile, and thought I'd pop over today. This is what I found. I am so sorry. Hugs and Love!!!

ellen s. said...

praying for your family!!!!